Monday, January 18, 2010

Sadden by Bad Cosplay Pictures

So through my 7 years of Cosplaying I have learned to make better and better outfits. May I say I've impressed myself, yea sure there's still a little duct tape here and there, but it's still hidden that people don't know. But even though I make these awesome Cosplay outfits, and have learned how much difference a good wig makes, I've yet to master the art of photography.

I've always been envious of good, no great cosplay photos. It's not just the photo but the background as well that is a part of the picture. It turns it from costuming to a story. It really hit me when I wanted to join this Deviant group TheCosplayGroup but reading through their rules it says that cosplayers may submit their "BEST" work. This means people have to self judge if their work is quality or crap. They can't flood the gates with photos just to get publicity but have to pick their prime photos to submit and go through an approval process.

That's when I look at my own pictures. My costumes look great, but
  • The Con people in the background
  • The bad photographer that just crops you out
  • Photos in the toilet room? what was I thinking?
  • Bad lighting
  • And Awkward poses, ok I don't know how to model, I need to work on this one


This is what I'm going after
Good Poses, Good Lighting, Awesome Background.


Something my friend Hannah tried to teach me last year, but I just didn't understand until she was gone and I saw the pictures she took of me. She annoyed the crap out of me when taking a million pictures, but now I understand how it was soooo worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment